Dehydrated carrot granules are dried products that preserve the original flavor of carrots as much as possible except for a certain amount of water. The effect of dehydration is to reduce the water in carrots, increase the concentration of soluble substances, and inhibit microbial activity. At the same time, the activity of the enzymes contained in the carrot itself is also inhibited, and the product can be stored for a long time. It can often be seen in instant noodle seasoning packets.
Dehydrated carrot granules processed from carrots are a major auxiliary material for various fast foods. The market demand is large and they are sold well in domestic and foreign markets. The dehydration technology is simple and convenient, which is a good way to realize the added value of carrot processing. The technical points are as follows.
1. Raw material processing. Choose fresh. Orange-red color. Carrots with full body and smooth skin are used as raw materials, and branched, diseased spots, mechanical damage and a small carrot are removed. The selected carrots are soaked and cleaned in a flowing clean water tank. First remove the spots, roots and concavities on the carrots, then remove the bitter outer skin, finally cut off the green top, and dig out the yellow core in the stem
2. Segmentation. Rinse the processed carrots with clean water once more, and then send them to the vegetable cutter evenly for dicing. The commonly processed specifications are 10, 8 and 5 mm. During the pelletizing operation, the blades should be kept sharp, and the blade spacing should be tested and adjusted frequently to prevent continuous pellets and particle size changes.
3. Blanching. The purpose of blanching is to make the raw materials bright in color, soft in structure, eliminate peculiar smell and prevent browning. Put carrot diced into boiling water and boil for 4-5 minutes, take it out and drain, mix in glucose powder evenly to increase the color and sweetness of the finished product. The amount of sugar added is 6% to 8% of the fresh ingredients.
4. Dehydrate and dry. Spread the sugar-mixed carrot granules evenly in a baking pan, and dry them at a temperature of 65-75°C for about 6-7 hours. When the moisture content of the dry product is less than 8%, move it indoors to cool to room temperature, immediately put it into a plastic bag, and tie the mouth of the bag tightly.
5. Sorting and packaging. Dry products are sorted, impurities and defective products are removed, and then classified according to standards