For some people, fried onions are just a delicious and crispy side dish to accompany hot dogs bought from IKEA. For me, fried onions are crisp memories of many wonderful moments in my life.Fried onions are... fried, right? Is it really that simple? Here are 4 different methods, and evaluate them from the two perspectives of time-consuming and labor-intensive and the taste of the finished product.
①Fry first and then bake
This "fry and then bake" method starts by putting some flour in a pan to fry the onions, then put them in the oven and bake them until they are crispy. When frying, use vegetable oil, of course, you can also add butter to enhance the flavor. Compared with other methods, this method takes the longest time, so it is not suitable for those who are impatient and need to "immediately! Immediately!" people who eat fried onions.
1. Cut the onion into shreds and peel off in layers.
2. Heat vegetable oil or butter in a large saucepan and start to fry the onions until they become transparent. Add flour, stir to coat evenly, and continue to fry until the onions are browned.
3. Put the onion rings in a shallow baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 85°C for about 90 minutes, or until the color becomes very dark and the texture is very crisp. It needs to be removed and turned several times during the roasting process.
If you need a method of frying onions that is not troublesome, just throw it into the oven without frying. In order to make it crispy, the chopped onion should be coated in a mixture of flour, breadcrumbs and salt. Breadcrumbs is a kind of large-grain breadcrumbs, which can be bought in most Asian supermarkets, which can make the taste lighter and thinner while ensuring the crispness.
1. Cut the onion into thin strips and peel off in layers. Put it into a bowl containing flour, bread crumbs, and salt, and coat it with flour.
2. Put the onions in a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper and drizzle with some olive oil.
3. Bake at 230°C for about 20 minutes, or until the color is brown. Be sure to remember to take it out and flip it a few times.
How can you not make crispy fried onions when you fry them in a frying pan. However, how high should the oil temperature be? There are many answers that can dispel everyone's doubts: the oil temperature should reach 180°C (you can test the oil temperature by the degree of bubbling of the wooden stick in the pot, if it is inserted in the surrounding bubbling, the oil temperature is enough), the temperature is enough It can be fried in stages; after the frying, the oil is left to cool down and then sieved to be reused.
1. Cut the onion into thin strips and peel off in layers. Put it in a bowl and season with salt. Rub the salt into the onion gently to soften it. Try to squeeze out all the water afterwards.
2. Heat enough vegetable oil in a saucepan, turn onion rings to fry until browned.
3. Pour out and remove the oil.
④Blanch first and then fry
For the last one, I tried the optimized version of deep frying. The onion needs to be blanched quickly. The principle is similar to rubbing the onion to soften it before frying. That's why this is a deep-fried recipe for people who don't want to have too much physical contact with onions. Drying moisture before frying is very important, you definitely don't want to bring excess moisture into the pan.
1. Cut the onion into thin strips and peel off in layers.
2. Boil a pot of water, add the shredded onion, and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Take it out, drain the water, and dry it thoroughly.
3. Fry the onions until browned.
4. Put it out and drain the oil.
It is worth mentioning that we are a professional supplier of fried onions. Our fried onion products are suitable for your various needs and occasions. If you are interested, please contact us and we will send you a quote. Introduce Of The Fitaky Dehydrated Onion Slices Product :